Poingdestre Family History Tours
South of England – Isle of Jersey – Normandy/Paris
Subject to change
Airport recommendations and transportation guidance
Please contact us before you purchase your airline tickets so we can review the itinerary with you.
Your best airport options are determined by the tour(s) you select. The following information is quite detailed, and provided only as a guide to help with your planning for the trip. If you have alternative plans that get you to the right place at the right time, please use them instead. There is a total of seven different tour options that you may select.
Landing and departing from London or Paris
- When scheduling your flights for London or Paris, keep in mind that after you land, you should allow a minimum of two to three hours to clear passport control, baggage reclaim and customs.
- When heading home, you will also need to allow a minimum of one to two extra hours to go through security to your gate.
- Lines are long and move slowly.
- Allow extra time if you do not wish to rush.
Baggage check in requirements for all those traveling to Jersey
- Check your bags from your U.S. point of origin to your London airport destination.
- You cannot check your bags directly to Jersey.
- After landing in London, you must retrieve your bags then go through customs.
- After clearing customs, take your bags with you and proceed to the airline’s check-in counter for the domestic flight to Jersey.
Open Jaws ticketing option
- Flying to one city (such as London) and out of another city (such as Paris) is known as an “open jaws” ticket.
- It is often more cost effective to purchase an open jaws ticket rather than traveling by ground back to the city where you first landed.
- Not all online booking websites offer open jaw options, so you may need to consult a travel agent or the airline of your choice.
- Keep in mind that the Eurostar train travels between Paris and London via the Chunnel.
- You may wish to explore this option if you are combining tours that end in Paris.
- The Eurostar departs from Paris Gard du Nord about every hour and arives in London St. Pancreas International about two and a half hours later.
- Ground transportation, including the Eurostar, is on your own and at your own cost.
For all tour participants
If you are traveling to additional locations in Europe or elsewhere, please note that we can account only for travel plans relating directly to the PDA tours described here. Any other travel arrangements you may make will be on your own, at your own cost, and your responsibility.