Poingdestre Family History Tours
South of England – Isle of Jersey – Normandy/Paris
Combining the England and Normandy/Paris Tours
Subject to change
- The England tour begins in Eastbourne on Monday, June 5, 2017
- Schedule your flight from your U.S. point of origin to fly into London Gatwick (LGW) or London Heathrow (LHR).
- Please contact us before you purchase your airline tickets so we can review the itinerary with you.
- LGW is the closest airport to Eastbourne so is your preferred airport.
- If you can’t find a flight that lands at LGW, then use London Heathrow (LHR).
- There are generally more flights from the U.S. that land at LHR rather the LGW.
- Frequent and direct airport shuttle buses are available between LHR and LGW.
- One way bus fares are approximately £20 per person, travel time is 45-90 minutes depending on traffic.
- It is recommended that you do not fly into other London or UK airports, as they are a long way from Eastbourne.
- It may be possible to share ground transportation with others going on this tour.
- Prior to your departure, Nigel will contact you with suggestions for your ground transportation options from your London airport to Eastbourne.
- Ground transportation to the tour hotel in Eastbourne is on your own and at your own cost.
- On Monday, June 12, the last day of the England tour
- Nigel, Janet and Ray will help make arrangements for your transportation to your own destination.
- Your next PDA tour does not start for a full week.
- During this week you will be on your own and at your own cost at any location you wish.
- The Normandy/Paris tour begins in St. Malo, Brittany on Monday, June 19, 2017
- Ground transportation to the tour hotel in St. Malo is on your own and at your own cost.
- Depending on where you are, you will have a variety of options to get to St. Malo. Refer to the web site Getting to St. Malo for transportation options, including ferries from the south of England.
- On Monday, June 26, the last day of the Normandy/Paris tour
- In the morning, the airport shuttle will arrive at the tour hotel in Paris to take the group to Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG).
- Schedule your flight home to depart from Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) in the afternoon.
Back to Travel Planning