Poingdestre Family History Tours
South of England – Isle of Jersey – Normandy/Paris
Combining the England and Jersey Tours
Subject to change
- The England tour begins in Eastbourne on Monday, June 5, 2017
- Schedule your flights from your U.S. point of origin to fly into and out of London Gatwick (LGW) or London Heathrow (LHR).
- Please contact us before you purchase your airline tickets so we can review the itinerary with you.
- LGW is the closest airport to Eastbourne so is your preferred airport.
- LGW is also the airport used for the Jersey flights, so is your preferred airport.
- If you can’t find a flight that lands at LGW, then use LHR.
- There are generally more flights from the U.S. that land at LHR rather the LGW.
- Frequent and direct airport shuttle buses are available between LHR and LGW.
- One way bus fares are approximately £20 per person, travel time is 45-90 minutes depending on traffic.
- It is recommended that you do not fly into other London or UK airports, as they are a long way from Eastbourne.
- It may be possible to share ground transportation to Eastbourne with others going on the tour of England.
- Prior to your departure, Nigel will contact you with suggestions for your ground transportation options from your London airport to Eastbourne.
- Ground transportation to the tour hotel in Eastbourne is on your own and at your own cost.
- On Monday, June 12, the last day of the England tour
- Nigel, Janet and Ray will help make arrangements for your transportation to London Gatwick (LGW) for your 3:50pm flight to Jersey.
- The cost of this transportation is on your own and at your own cost.
- After you register for the Jersey tour, Jamie and Michele will contact you with the information you will need for your flight from Gatwick to Jersey.
- The flight is included in the price of your Jersey tour.
- Everyone going on the tour to Jersey should be on this flight. The flight takes about one hour.
- Jamie and Michele will meet the group when you arrive at Jersey Airport.
- An airport shuttle bus will take the entire group from Jersey Airport to the tour’s hotel.
- Ground transportation to the tour hotel in Jersey is included in your tour price.
- On Monday, June 19, the last day of the Jersey tour
- The airport shuttle will arrive at the hotel around 5am to take the homeward bound group to Jersey Airport.
- The flight back to Gatwick is scheduled to leave Jersey Airport at 7:05am and takes about one hour.
- Schedule your flight home from a London airport to be as late in the day as you can, especially if you have to take a shuttle bus from LGW to LHR or in case there should there be any delay in the Jersey flight’s schedule.
Back to Travel Planning